Merrick Architecture is a dynamic design-focused practice of approximately 29 personnel with long-established studios in Vancouver and Victoria. We offer a collaborative environment in which we promote architecture of excellence while celebrating the participation of all employees. Currently we are seeking for immediate employment a BC-registered Intermediate-Level Project Architect with strong design skills, proficiency in both concept design and detailing/documentation, a good working knowledge of the BC Building Code, and team management experience throughout all phases of project design and delivery. Excellent interpersonal, communication and English language skills are essential.
Responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining effective liaison with clients, a team of sub-consultants, and municipal authorities, either in concert with the Principal-in-Charge or independently on behalf of the practice.
- Exploring and refining design concepts working in collaboration with the Design Principal-in-Charge and other staff.
- Managing and coordinating a project team in the design and production of effective contract documentation packages and construction reviews on behalf of both the client and the practice.
- Establishing and monitoring internal budgets and project delivery schedules.
- BC–registered (preferred) Project Architect with a minimum of eight (8) years of related project team management experience. Applicants with any less than five (5) years’ experience will not be considered for this position.
- Full working knowledge of the BC Building Code and Vancouver Building Bylaw.
- Experience in all phases of a project’s design and delivery.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD Architecture 2016, Revit and working knowledge of Sketchup; experience with Adobe Creative Suite will be considered an asset.
- Exceptional communication and leadership skills necessary to manage projects with confidence and collaborative ease.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proven track record and experience maintaining high quality standards while working to tight deadlines.
- Committed to the creation of excellent architecture.
- LEED® certification or other credentials will be considered an asset.
Please email resumes c/w portfolio examples to email@example.com with Attention: Administrative Manager. Please do not contact the office directly. We appreciate the submissions of all applicants but note that only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.