November 23, 2020
Dear Clients & Colleagues,
The health & safety of our community, staff, clients and colleagues is our highest priority at Merrick Architecture and so we are proactively taking steps during this global health crisis to do our part to minimize the spread of COVID-19. We are closely monitoring the most current recommendations of both the Provincial and Federal government and the BC Centre for Disease Control and adopting their recommendations at both our Vancouver and Victoria studios.
Maintaining continuity of services and minimizing disruption to our clients is of paramount importance even during this challenging time. To ensure that we can best serve the needs of our clients, while promoting the health and well being of our staff, colleagues and community the following strategies are being implemented immediately:
- We have enabled remote working for all our staff and have encouraged them to work from home in order to observe current recommendations for both social distancing, and in the event of potential illness, self-isolation and quarantine.
- We have implemented additional cleaning and sanitization procedures within our studio spaces to help slow the spread of the virus.
- We have temporarily ceased all work related travel, including travel between our two studios.
- Effective immediately, and until further notice, we have stopped all in-office client and consultant meetings, in favour of video, telephone and remote conferencing.
- We have cancelled or postponed all physical internal office gatherings, staff meetings, educational sessions, or lunch and learns.
- Service providers, vendors and suppliers are requested to call our office directly or to make alternate arrangements if possible, prior to visiting our studios.
- In order to ensure effective communications during this time, please keep us informed of your current contact information should your work situation or location change.
We are all facing a new and evolving challenge, and Merrick Architecture is committed to taking the necessary steps and precautions which will help “flatten the curve” and provide our exceptional health care professionals the resources required to respond to the current crisis.