Currently we are seeking for immediate employment an Intermediate-Level Project Architect with strong design skills, proficiency in both concept design and detailing/documentation, a good working knowledge of the BC Building Code, and team management experience throughout all phases of project design and delivery. Excellent interpersonal, communication and English language skills are essential.
Responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining effective liaison with clients, a team of sub-consultants, and municipal authorities, either in concert with the Principal-in-Charge or independently on behalf of the practice.
- Exploring and refining design concepts working in collaboration with the Design Principal-in-Charge and other staff.
- Managing and coordinating a project team in the design and production of effective contract documentation packages and construction reviews on behalf of both the client and the practice.
- Establishing and monitoring internal budgets and project delivery schedules.
- Must have contract administration and site experience to conduct and document field reviews
- Project Architect with a minimum of five (5) years related project team management and project related experience. Applicants with any less than five (5) years’ experience will not be considered for this position.
- Must be registered with the AIBC or eligible to register with the AIBC
- Full working knowledge of the BC Building Code and Vancouver Building Bylaw.
- Experience in all phases of a project’s design and delivery.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD Architecture 2016, Revit and working knowledge of Sketchup; experience with Adobe Creative Suite will be considered an asset.
- Exceptional communication and leadership skills necessary to manage projects with confidence and collaborative ease.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proven track record and experience maintaining high quality standards while working to tight deadlines.
- Committed to the creation of excellent architecture.
- LEED® certification or other credentials will be considered an asset.
CV/Portfolio submissions must include at least two references and will be received by email only to [email protected], Attention: Administrative Manager. No telephone enquiries please. Only candidates offering appropriate project-based credentials will be contacted for potential interviews, although we thank any interested parties for their submissions.