We are seeking a highly motivated and skilled Intern Architect, Architect or Architectural Technologist demonstrating strong design concept and design development skills who is able to be part of a team to document and coordinate a set of working drawings including with experience in the construction administration phase. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the design team on a variety of projects and must possess excellent detailed working drawing experience within British Columbia.
- Collaborate with the design team to develop and produce drawings, renderings, and construction documents
- Ensure project timelines are met
- Participate in project meetings and communicate with clients, contractors and consultants – consultant coordination
- Contribute to design concepts and presentations
- Assist with project management tasks as needed
- Construction administration phase
- Must be registered with the AIBC or eligible to register with the AIBC
- No less than 3-5 years of BC experience
- Excellent detailed working drawing experience
- Strong working knowledge of the BC Building code
- Strong proficiency in AutoCAD, Revit, and Sketchup
- Experience in heritage retrofit and adaptive re-use projects will be considered assets
- Strong interpersonal, organization and communication skills
- Complete fluency in English (written and spoken)
- Comfortable working in a supportive, deadline-oriented team environment
- Relaxed and collaborative work environment
- Employee benefits package
- Potential of long-term career growth
CV/Portfolio submissions must include at least two references and will be received by email only to [email protected], Attention: Administrative Manager. No telephone enquiries please. Only candidates offering appropriate project-based credentials will be contacted for potential interviews, although we thank any interested parties for their submissions.
Merrick Architecture is a dynamic design-focused practice of approximately 21 personnel with long-established studios in Vancouver and Victoria. We believe in fostering a collaborative and inclusive work environment that encourages creativity, growth, and professional development.